The speed controller has been designed specially for RC vehicles with brushed DC motors.
The realistic and sensitive road performance ensures a lot of driving fun.
With the various setting options the speed controller can be easily adjusted to all model requirements and driving behaviours. All settings can be set with DIP switches and the software "Drive-Teacher".
The speed controller is equipped with 8 switching outputs to connect LEDs and other lights. In addition the module has an extra output for connecting the infrared light module SM-IR-16-2 directly to the speed controller.
All light and additional functions can be controlled with nautic and multiswitch modules.
The speed controller UFR-1230 has following characteristics:
- Supply voltage 6 - 18 V
- Maximum motor current 30 A (short-term 60 A)
- PWM pulse frequency 20 or 40 kHz
- 8 switching outputs for lights (for instance for braking, driving backwards, parking, flashing)
- Powerful BEC with 5,2 V and 3 A continous current (short circuit proof)
- 3 proportional channels (throttle, steering, and control channel)
- 2 Proportionalausgänge (output for sound module and steering servo)
- Additional functions controllable with nautic and multiswitch modules
- Failsafe in case of receiver signal disturbances (motor stop)
- Protection when switching on supply voltage
- Output for infrared diode for light module SM-IR-16-2 in trailer
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Temperatur monitoring
- Short circuit protection at motor output stage
Options adjustable with DIP schwitches:
- Load regulation on / off
- Cruise control on / off
- Brake function on / off
- Parking brake on / off
- Choice of battery type: LiPo / other
- Teaching function (setup) for throttle channel on / off
Additional functions are adjustable with the software "Drive-Teacher" and the data cable K-USB-2 (optional available):
- Firmware update
- Invertion of channels
- Deactivation of low voltage monitoring
- Reduction of driving backwards speed by 50 %
- Selection of PWM pulse frequency between 20 or 40 kHz (for bell-armature motors)
- Adjustment of load regulation
- Activation / adjustment of inertia
- Activation / adjustment of steering inetria
- Adjustment of hand brake sensitivity
- Adjustment of throttle curve
- Configuration of switching outputs (output types, brightness, Xenon effects, etc.)
- Configuration of light switch (controllable with prop. channel)
- Configuration of control channel
- Configuration of nautic / multiswitch modules
- Configuration of servo outputs of light module SM-IR-16-2
The speed controller is delivered ready for operation with a standard configuration (see screenshot in operating manual). The data cable is only required in case settings in the Drive-Teacher need to be changed.